Award Amount: $2,500
Provided by the SW Chapter of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE)
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate of the Valley High Academy of Hospitality and Tourism
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at Valley High
- Already accepted into the Harrah Hotel College at UNLV (Tourism and Convention major preferred, but not required)
- Enrolled full-time at UNLV for Fall semester
- Demonstrated financial need
Students must submit a resume along with a one-page essay answering the following questions:
- How has your learning experience at Valley High prepared you for success in continuing your Hospitality Education at UNLV?
- What are your professional career plans in relation to the Meetings and Events Industry?
Due Date: May 30 prior to the coming year's fall semester
Submit Resumes and Essays to: Robert Colvin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley High School Contact: Rosanna Johnson
UNLV Website link: www.unlv.edu
SWIAEE 2017 $2500 Scholarship Awarded to Jocelyn Montes
SWIAEE presented a $2,500 scholarship check to Ms. Jocelyn Montes, Valley High School Student to assist her in finalizing her program in the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism Magnet Program. Congrats Jocelyn! Well deserved.
The check was presented by Robert Colvin, SWIAEE Scholarship Chair.
"Wow! Thank You for this amazing news. My family and I appreciate it very much. I am privileged to receive this scholarship. Thank you once again!" Jocelyn Montes
"Thank you so much for giving this opportunity to the students at Valley High School. I know Jocelyn will represent Valley and UNLV well." Rosanna Johnson, M.Ed., Program Coordinator at Valley High and the Academy of Hospitality and Tourism